GERMAN MARKETING & FUNDRAISING INTERN
Preferred start date: December 2018 / January 2019
Street Child is a major child-focused development agency, specializing in Sierra Leone, Liberia,
Nigeria, Nepal and Sri Lanka. It has established itself as a leading organization providing
quality and sustainable education to thousands of children. Managed out of our London
headquarters, we have supported over 63,000 children to access education in the last five
years. We have launched a very exciting new phase in Street Child’s development; the
expansion into other European regions like the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, France, Denmark,
Sweden and Spain.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach, keeping overheads low so
that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa and Asia. We are very
lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to our cause and are now looking for an
innovative individual to support the expansion, marketing and fundraising in these new regions.
We are looking for a German native speaker to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred
internship duration is 6 months, however shorter duration can be discussed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are
some examples of your responsibilities:
● Research new funding prospects, including trusts, foundations and major donors in
● Write fundraising proposals with the support of the Programme Funding Officer.
● Manage marketing activities, e.g. digital marketing, email marketing and social media.
● Promote and communicate international events like the Sierra Leone Marathon, the
Nepal Marathon or the West African Cycle Challenge.
● Promote, support or plan local events like a Comedy Night or a Wine Tasting.
● Build and update our international websites and marketing materials.
● Help expand the volunteer network of Street Child and manage the support of our
● Build and manage collaborations and partnerships e.g. with other organizations, events
● Assist various admin, legal and accounting tasks.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience in the third sector, resume
content, great co-workers and the chance to work in our office in the heart of Barcelona’s old
town, in addition to the experience of working to support a great
● Key characteristics we are looking for: very independent working style, highly motivated
and driven, innovative thinking, identify yourself with the mission of Street Child.
● Areas of university studies include but are not limited to marketing, international
relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
● Lastly, excellent communication skills and knowledge of web, social media, Microsoft
Office, etc. will be needed. English and German language skills are necessary. Spanish
is a plus.
The office set-up we use recommends you to bring your own laptotp to work from.
35h per week
6, Passatge Madoz